- The ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida (United Nations Sanctions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (S.I. 2019/466) were made under the Sanctions and Anti Money Laundering Act 2018 (the Sanctions Act) and provide for the freezing of funds and economic resources of certain persons, entities or bodies associated with ISIL (Da’esh) or Al-Qaida.
- On 22 February 2021 the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office updated the UK Sanctions List on GOV.UK. This list provides details of those designated under regulations made under the Sanctions Act. A link to the UK Sanctions List can be found below.
- Following the publication of the UK Sanctions List, information on the Consolidated List has been updated. Notice summary
- The following entries have been removed from the consolidated list and are no longer subject to an asset freeze.
• Said Ben Abdelhakim Ben Omar AL-CHERIF (Group ID: 7872)
• Emrah ERDOGAN (Group ID: 13307)
- Copies of recent notices, UK legislation and relevant guidance can be found obtained from the ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida financial sanctions page on the Gov.UK website:
- Further details on the UN measures in respect of ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida can be found on the relevant UN Sanctions Committee webpage:
- The Consolidated List can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/financial-sanctions-consolidated-list-oftargets/consolidated-list-of-targets
- The UK Sanctions List can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-uk-sanctions-list
- Non-media enquiries about the implementation of financial sanctions in the UK should be addressed to: Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation HM Treasury 1 Horse Guards Road London SW1A 2HQ email@example.com
- Non-media enquiries about the sanctions measures themselves should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media enquiries about how financial sanctions are implemented in the UK should be addressed to the Treasury Press Office on 020 7270 5238.
- Media enquiries about the sanctions measures themselves should be addressed to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office Press Office on 020 7008 3100.
FINANCIAL SANCTIONS: ISIL (DA’ESH) AND AL-QAIDA
THE ISIL (DA’ESH) AND AL-QAIDA (UNITED NATIONS SANCTIONS) (EU EXIT) REGULATIONS 2019 (S.I. 2019/466) DELISTINGS
- AL-CHERIF, Said Ben Abdelhakim Ben Omar
DOB: (1) 25/01/1970. (2) 25/01/1971. (3) 12/12/1973. POB: (1) Manzil Tmim (2) Sosa (3) Solisse (4) Tunis (5) – (6) Aras (7) – , (1) to (5) Tunisia (6) to (7) Algeria a.k.a: (1) ATAF, Hcrif (2) ATAF, Sherif (3) CHERIF, Atef (4) CHOKRI, Bin Homoda (5) HOKRI, Binhamoda (6) SAID, Ataf, Cherif (7) SAID, Cherif Nationality: Tunisian Passport Details: M307968 (Tunisian). Issued on 8 September 2001. Expired on 7 September
- Address: Corso Lodi 59, Milan, Italy. Other Information: (UK Sanctions List Ref): AQD0301 (UN Ref): QDi.138. Also referred to as Djallal, Youcef, Abou Salman and Said Tmimi. (Further Identifiying Information): Mother’s name is Radhiyah Makki. Sentenced to eight years and ten months of imprisonment for membership of a terrorist association by the Appeal Court of Milan, Italy, on 7 Feb. 2008. Sentence confirmed by
the Italian Supreme Court on 15 Jan. 2009, which became definitive as of Feb.2008.
Deported from Italy to Tunisia on 27 Nov. 2013. Review pursuant to Security Council resolution 1822 (2008) was concluded on 6 May 2010. Review pursuant to Security Council resolution 2368 (2017) was concluded on 4 Dec. 2019. INTERPOL-UN Security Council Special Notice web link: https://www.interpol.int/en/How-wework/Notices/View-UN-Notices-Individuals. Listed on: 18/11/2003 Last Updated:
31/12/2020 22/02/2021 Group ID: 7872.
- ERDOGAN, Emrah
DOB: 02/02/1988. POB: Karliova, Turkey Nationality: German National Identification no: BPA C700RKL8R4 (German). Issued on 18 February 2010. Expires on 17 February 2016 Address: Werl Prison, Germany. Other Information: (UK Sanctions List Ref): AQD0168 (UN Ref): QDi.362. Also referred to as Salahaddin Al Kudy, Ismatullah Al Kurdy, Salah Aldin, Imraan Al-Kurdy, Salahaddin Al-Kurdy, Salahaddin El Kurdy, Imran
Ibn Hassan, Imraan, Imran, Sulaiman, Ismatollah, and Ismatullah. (Further Identifiying Information): Former foreign terrorist fighter affiliated with Al-Qaida (QDe.004) in North Waziristan, Pakistan (2010-2011) and with Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujaahidiin (Al-Shabaab) in Somalia (2011-2012). Convicted to seven years of imprisonment by the
Higher Regional Court in Frankfurt/Main, Germany in 2014. Physical description: eye colour brown, hair colour brown, build: strong, weight: 92kg, height: 176cm, birthmark on right back. Mother’s name: Emine Erdogan. Father’s name: Sait Erdogan.
INTERPOL-UN Security Council Special Notice web link:
https://www.interpol.int/en/notice/search/un/5911484. Listed on: 07/12/2015 Last Updated: 31/12/2020 22/02/2021 Group ID: 13307.