Christmas Trends – We’re sharing our best tips and inspiration to help you transform your home for the holidays.
One of our favorite seasonal traditions is hauling our holiday boxes out of the attic and decorating the house with trees, garlands, and twinkling lights as Christmas music plays in the background.
This season, we’ll be decking our halls with bright colors and recycled materials in addition to some annual favorites.
And after adjusting some Christmas traditions over the past few years, we’ve found that the pandemic didn’t just change the way we celebrate the holidays, it also changed the way we decorate for them. Many people are skipping the traditional red and green decor for playful, nontraditional accents. Others are embracing the nostalgia of the season, decorating with vintage Christmas decorations and retro-inspired accents.
Christmas Decorations Vintage Style, Christmas Banner ,Traditional Vintage Victorian Style Christmas Bunting, Vintage Style Santa Christmas Decorations Indoor for Home Office Party Fireplace Mantle
With so many possibilities, we’re more excited than ever to bust out the ornaments and start wrapping gifts. We’ve rounded up the most popular holiday ideas from Pinterest, Instagram, Etsy, Google, and the editors of Better Homes & Gardens to bring you the top Christmas trends of 2022. Plus, we’ll show you how to blend these ideas with the classic decorations you already have, so you can save your holiday budget for thoughtful gifts for friends and family.
Twinkly Strings – App-Controlled LED Christmas Lights with 400 RGB+W (16 Million Colors + Warm White) LEDs
- String Series of 400 multicolor and warm white lights produce color variations for precise matching, mood lighting, and room design
- Designed to be durable and long-lasting, these strings withstand both indoor and outdoor spaces without breaking down
- User-controlled lighting design via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with Twinkly app available for iOS and Android users on mobile or tablets
- Personalized lighting with dozens of ready-to-play customizable effects and the ability to create your own
- Easy to use with a 1-tap Bluetooth configuration and the ability to sync with up to 4,000 LEDs or 10 separate devices
White Christmas Trees
Move over, evergreens—white Christmas trees are flooding our social media feeds this season. This Christmas tree color lends itself well to almost any palette, so you can use it to create a rustic farmhouse look or cover it with a rainbow of bright ornaments. Whether you opt for a white tinsel tree or go with the snowy look of a flocked Christmas tree, the white backdrop will make your ornaments pop.
Super Holiday 5ft Snow Flocked Hinged Artificial Pine Christmas Tree – Amazon
- SNOW FLOCKED TREE: Snow Flocked & Realistic Appearance. Snow-flocked leaves create a unique wintry feel. Branches are easily fluffed to create a beautiful, full-bodied look and let you easily place lights and ornaments.
- STURDY METAL STAND-Provides stability and keeps the tree high and upright all the time.
- ART OF LIFE:In addition to full branches and leaves, there are no decorations on the tree. You can use your imagination to decorate the Christmas tree with your family according to your interests and hobbies, and create a living art together. What a wonderful time.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE-Our Christmas tree is made up of four parts, which are very easy to install, dismantle and save.You can use it according to time and occasion.
- PERFECT DECORATION:It has a wide range of occasions, you can use it in home, hotel, supermarket, office and so on. The 7.5-foot Christmas tree can be a spectacular ornament on any occasion during the holidays. 1000 branch tips easily fluff in approximately 30-45 minutes to create the natural appearance of a full-bodied, genuine pine tree.
According to Dayna Isom Johnson, Etsy’s trend expert, vintage kitchen pieces are the hottest holiday trend of 2022. With an 85% increase in searches for vintage mixing bowls and a 26% increase in searches for retro decor, you can expect to see a lot of vintage Santa mugs and kitschy decor pieces. “This trend is all about embracing bright, retro styles from the ‘50s and ‘60s,” Johnson says. “From unique mixing bowls to old-school cookie jars, this trend is perfect for adding pops of nostalgia and personality to your home this holiday season.”
- PERFECT FOR HOME DECOR : Make your kitchen more stylish and comfortable with these durable, unique, seasonal kitchen mats. Add a pop of color in the entryway and protect your floors too. Perfect for any kitchen, deck, patio, porch, veranda and entryway
- DURABLE AND NON-SLIP : Backed with non-slip recycled rubber and topped with polyester felt that is low-profile to reduce chances of tripping, high-quality durable construction that is stain resistant
- 2 PIECES INCLUD: Measures 17″ x 29″ and 17″ x 47″, features 0.25″ slim. One long and one short making them just the right size for the kitchen. Our stylish kitchen mats make a beautiful addition to your kitchen, dining room, craft rooms and office spaces
- EASY TO CLEAN: No scrubbing needed. Kitchen mats are quick and easy to clean, just spray off with a hose or use a sponge and mild detergent to clean off dirt or yard debris. Material: 5% Polyester 95% Rubber. Imported, Country of origin: China
- UNIQUE CUTE DESIGN : Doormat tops were printed with unique and stylish patterns. A beautiful and creative way to decor your home when keeping clean
After spending so much time at home, people are giving their spaces a cozy, welcoming vibe. And now, the aesthetic is spilling into holiday decorating and planning. People are skipping the elements of the Christmas season that feel frantic and hectic and creating holiday sanctuaries at home instead.
“As Pinners prepare for the new year and form their resolutions, we are seeing rising interest in the ‘slow life,’” says Jeremy Jankowski, lifestyle expert at Pinterest. “Slow life is all about doing things at the right speed. This movement focuses on doing things better, but not faster—doing less and spending time on the things that matter most to you.”
Searches that support the comfy at-home aesthetic have tripled since last year: Pins with a soft, cozy aesthetic are up 14 times compared to this time last year. So grab your softest blankets, queue up classic Christmas music, and spend the season celebrating at home.
- 🎅【UPDATE 20% THICKER SHERPA MATERIAL】Christmas Sherpa blanket is made of 260 GSM Sherpa fabric and 240 GSM Flannel fabric. The Sherpa on the inside is very skin-friendly and warm, the flannel on the outside is luxurious and silky to the touch, and the double-sided design makes the soft fuzzy Sherpa blanket more comfortable, lightweight and not bulky. Let’s celebrate Christmas together in warmth!
- 🎅【UNIQUE REINDEER SNOWFLAKE PATTERN DESIGN】The classic Christmas colors red and green as the color of the fuffly fuzzy Christmas blanket to Decorate your living room and bedroom,the Christmas mode is turned on! The reindeer and snowflake pattern design brings infinite anticipation to Christmas, who said Santa Claus won’t come?
- 🎅【MOST SUOTABLE CHRISTMAS GIFTS ARE READY】 Jingle bells, Cozy Sherpa fleece blanket with Christmas elements show all the good wishes of Christmas, we have prepared the most suitable gifts for Christmas, the pattern design of reindeer and snowflakes won the hearts of adults and children. Please give it to your family, friends, Someone you love, and don’t forget yourself, let’s warm up the whole winter together!
- 🎅【51×63&60×80 FIT ALL PLACES】Throw size and twin size fuzzy Sherpa throw blankets are suitable for most scenes, the throw size can be used when reading, working, napping or travel, or wrapping the body when the child feel cold, or as a pet blanket use, the twin size can be used in the bedroom, allowing you to stay in warm Christmas blankets and throws all night.
- 🎅【MACHINE WASHABLE, EASY CARE】We have improved the traditional sewing process and added fine stitches, making our warm Christmas throw blanket less tear-resistant and more durable. Machine washable, wash separately in cold water, dry low temperature, rest assured of the durability and aesthetics of the plush Sherpa blanket.
Many of us use the same holiday decor every year because it’s easy and practical. But incorporating new Christmas decorating trends doesn’t mean you have to do a complete overhaul of your existing decor. This year, we won’t be spending a lot of money on new accent pieces—rather, we’ll be repurposing our existing items and pairing them with inexpensive holiday decorations so we have more budget left for a big holiday meal and travel expenses to see far-away family and friends.
- Vintage inspired – Rustic Farmhouse White metal lantern with vintage distressed details; glass windows and metal wire swing handle. Pair multiple lanterns or with different size and color Kate Aspen lanterns for a custom look.
- Beautiful and unique decoration – perfect whether you are creating a beautiful tables cape centerpiece or looking for rustic décor for a special event. Light up the aisle or runway at your wedding for a breathtaking entrance.
- CREATE THE PERFECT AMBIANCE – Light up your back porch/deck or add the perfect touch of low light to your living room or kitchen with this farmhouse decor. The unique color and shape of the lantern add a stylish detail to any room.
- Tea light holder w/ Removable Top – mini lantern holds one tea light, which is included and a removable lid for easy access to tea light.
- Measurements – lantern measures 2. 5″ W x 4. 75″ H x 2. 5″ D (6. 7″ H with handle); Packaged product measures 3. 6″ W x 5″ H x 3. 6″ D.
Retro-inspired holiday decor has made a major comeback over the past few years. The iconic jewel tones of Shiny Brite ornaments, first made popular in the 1950s, are all over store shelves this year. And according to Instagram, we aren’t the only ones scouring Grandma’s attic for vintage holiday decorations: There are more than 875,000 posts tagged with #vintagechristmas, and people are already sharing this year’s finds.
You can find modern versions of these retro holiday items in just about every decor aisle this year, but Dayna Isom Johnson recommends stopping by your local vintage or thrift stores first. “When buying vintage, shoppers are not only getting something uniquely special but also shopping sustainably by breathing new life into an existing item,” she says.
- 🚗 PERFECT CHRISTMAS CENTERPIECE: This nostalgic metal truck is decorated with lit-up Christmas tree wrapped around by LED string. This vintage farmhouse truck will create a cozy Christmas atmosphere during the holidays season. You could set it on your dining table and this will definitely make a great Christmas dining table centerpiece!
- 🚗 VARIOUS OCCASIONS: This vintage red metal truck is perfect decoration for setting on kitchen, living room, mantel and more. It will look so cute and wonderful setting by your Christmas Tree! You could also replace the Christmas tree with your own decoration like greenery with ribbon, gift boxes to the truck bed for a creative centerpiece of your own!
- 🚗 CHRISTMAS TRUCK SET: Includes 1 Pc red metal pickup truck and 1 Pc removable PVC Christmas tree, a lit-up star on top and LED string around the tree with 15 pieces warm white LEDs operated by 3 x AA batteries ( batteries not included ). Metal truck size: 12″ x 5.75″ x 6.25″H, Christmas tree size: 8″H.
- 🚗 EXCELLENT GIFT: This collectable Christmas red truck features a classic vintage car model with Christmas Tree. It is a perfect Christmas gift for car enthusiast, your relatives and friends! The truck wheels do not roll. This is a decorated piece, not a toy for kids.
- 🚗 REMOVABLE LIT-UP TREE: It can be a great decoration during the holidays season and all year round since the Christmas tree is removable. You can make it a farmhouse look truck planter, table top storage, gift basket and so on.
Whether farmhouse whites or midcentury modern blacks and grays, neutral decor isn’t going anywhere this year—which means neutral Christmas decorations are decidedly in. According to Google Trends, searches for farmhouse Christmas ideas are spiking again ahead of this holiday season. The best Christmas decor is the kind that matches your existing color scheme. You don’t have to go all out on red and green if that’s not your normal year-round aesthetic: White, black, navy, natural wood tones, and other neutrals can all look just as festive as more traditional Christmas colors.
Johnson says you can expect to see a woodland theme among ornaments and accent pieces this season. “Over the past few years, shoppers have increasingly looked for ways to connect with nature as a form of escapism,” she explains. “So it comes as no surprise that many are gravitating towards magical, nature-inspired decor this holiday season—what I like to call the ‘enchanted forest’ trend.” Get the look by placing a few Christmas gnomes on the front porch to greet holiday guests.
- 【Original Design】Valery Madelyn is a retail brand with original design. The design is inspired by the woodland copper and gold Christmas style. This may not be the most traditional and common trend of Christmas, but it is definitely the most natural trend. Stay true to its natural tone while creating a comfortable, warm and relaxed atmosphere. It gives you the feeling of being in the forest and really listening to nature. Everything is so natural, so relaxing, so mysterious.
- 【Exquisite Craftsmanship】Christmas hanging ornaments includes 4 special finishes: shiny, matte, glitter and mottled. Each Christmas ball is blow-molded and then hand-painted. Multi-finish and novelty shape ball ornaments meet all of your favorite tree
- 【Premium Quality】 Each ball is pre-tied with cap and string. These balls set are made of durable and eco-friendly plastic to provide excellent shatterproof ornaments. These shatterproof Christmas tree ornaments are unbreakable practicality of plastic. Ideal for families with kids and pets
- 【Application】 This set of 155 Christmas ball ornaments, each measuring 1.57-2.36-3.15 inches/4-6-8cm, is suitable for use as a 6ft or 9ft Christmas tree, tabletop decoration and DIY for wreaths or garlands, and also makes an excellent Christmas gifts
- 【More Choices】Christmas balls greatly match with woodland copper and gold theme products like tree skirt, stocking, tree topper, wreath, garland and Christmas ornament set
Home for the Holidays
During the pandemic, much of the holidays were spent at home, a reminder of the importance of spending time with loved ones. This year, we’ll be skipping any holiday parties and events we don’t really want to go to, and spending more quality time at home together instead. Prep the home with thoughtful, personalized touches that make guests feel warm and cozy.
This season, go green by wrapping gifts with fabric instead of paper and purchasing eco-friendly decor items. Sustainable Christmas products are top of mind this year, and an easy way to make an impact is to switch up your traditional wrapping routine. Stay on-trend while supporting the environment by ditching paper and investing in reusable fabric gift wraps or cloth gift bags instead of wrapping paper, which is often not recyclable.